©2003 - Kevin Millican
Major updates :-
- Improved map referencing and translation - faster and more
accurate with skewed maps.
- Grid option improved to work better in
degrees+minutes(+seconds) mode. The grid spacing and colour can also be
- Added support for the additional serial port on netBook and
Series 7. This should allow PCMCIA and CF (via PCMCIA adapter) GPS
units to be used.
- Added a facility to send a text file to the serial port
before beginning moving map mode. The text file should be named
rs232.txt and copied to the \system\apps\realmaps\ folder. This allows
commands to be sent to the GPS (eg. to switch on NMEA mode on some SIRF
units) prior to reading from the port.
- Added a colour icon for netBook and Series 7 users.
- Added automatic analysis of map referencing to spot and
advise most common errors when defining points, loading a map, or
manually when 'D' is pressed to display the information.
- Added support for UTM coordinates.
RealMaps is a raster map display application for EPOC and
SIBO palmtop computers and offers the following features :-
- Seamlessly integrates maps
from many different sources together into a zoomable tapestry - fully
optimised to the users requirements.
- Enhanced GPS Moving Map
support for most NMEA variants including playback.
- Fully working shareware.
- Great circle distance and
- Text and line vector overlay
- Can generate rough coastline
outline maps anywhere in the world.
- Can produce detailed coastline
maps from internet data.
- Can be configured as a
position-referenced database application.
Last updated 29 November 2020 (updated contact email address)